1. Quickstart (with Video)
HD-Video, best watched in full-screen.
To quickly start a new game:
- Open the program
- Select [file] -> [Load Railway]
- When aplicable, select the “filetype” to be “Railway File (*.rly)”. For some odd reason it’s sometimes set to “Development file (*.dev)”.
- Select the railway you want to use (make sure you unzipped the files and put them in the right folder) and click [Open].
- Now click on [File] -> [Load Timetable]
- This time you will need to select the corresponding timetable, it should be either the same name as the Railway or very similar, and click [Open].
- You have now loaded bith the track and the timetable, but the program isn’t there yet, you need to put the program in Operation-mode
- Click [Mode] -> [Operate Railway]
- Now the program is in operational mode. Please note that the program hasn’t started yet, so you can set some automated routes and other options you’d prefer.
- Click on the “Play” button, and you’re all set.