NB: this is a very complex simulation with a busy 24-hour passenger, departmental plus freight timetable.
The area covers the first approx. 24 miles of the Great Western Main Line between London Paddington and Maidenhead East Junction.
Also included are:
(1) A bit of the Westbourne Park CS,
(2) The entrances and exits of some major carriage sidings (North Pole IEP Depot, Old Oak Common, West Ealing EMU Sidings)
(3) Approx. 1.5 miles of the Greenford branch between West Ealing and Greenford South Junction,
(4) The first 2.5 miles of the Heathrow Airport branch,
(5) The first 2.5 miles of the Windsor and Eton Central branch,
(6) A number of freight yards, and
(7) A number of freight only branches.
The track layout, distances, as well as line speeds were taken from two sources:
(2) Network Rail’s Sectional Appendices
The full 24-hour timetable is based on a Friday in April 2022 and was taken from https://www.realtimetrains.co.
The first cca. 4 hours of the simulation is manageable at real time (normal) speed but beyond that I doubt anyone can stay on the top of things without switching to x1/2 or x1/4.
I suggest that one uses the session included. Here automatic routes are pre-set, as well as and routes for the first few minutes of train movements are also created. This should give one time to orient oneself before taking over full control.
I have tried to keep things as realistic as possible.
A very detailed route with a surprising amount of traffic, even through the middle of the night!
Another splendid route by Csaba. Extremely realistic and enjoyable to operate. It’s obvious a lot of work went into this.
This is a complex route that requires familiarity for smooth operation. I definitely need more training.